Hello everyone, hope you’re all well!
So today i have another easy, quick and sexy hairstyle that literally anyone can pull off.
It can be achieved using X-pression 100% synthetic braiding hair. This brand has many colours and textures ranging from straight to curly and black to purple. I used one pack of the ultra braid in colour 1 (black), because i wanted to match my hair colour as much as possible.
Preparing the synthetic hair.
- First i took the hair out of the pack and cut it in half. I did this because the hair is very long in its initial state and i wanted it a bit shorter.
- Next i feathered the ends of the hair by holding it on one end and picking at the tips (pulling the tips of the hair out). This is done to give the hair a more realistic look instead of a blunt cut look.
- you can choose to use it in this state or you can blow dry it to get a straighter look. Here i used my WAHL powerpik 5000 salon styling hairdryer. It comes with a concentrator nozzle and a pik attachment. It has a cool button, three temperature settings and two speed settings.
- I sprayed my AMLA legend silkening oil mist all over the hair before blow drying the hair. I then used the highest heat setting of the dryer and on the first speed setting with the pik attachment.
- this is the result of blow drying it
It made the hair so silky to the touch and smooth.
Next you want to take a hair band (could be thick or thin, but i used the one that was used to bind the hair in its pack), and place it in the middle of the hair, then pass one end of the hair band through the other end as shown below;
Then just pull it to secure it. This way you can now sling it on your hair. Now onto the next step.
Preparing your own hair.
For this step you can either choose to wash your hair before doing this or just do it with whatever state your hair is in. I’ve got both kinky and straight haired people covered with 2 steps.
- For straight hair;
This applies to me at the moment because i recently flat ironed my hair.
- Part your hair down the middle to the centre of your head.
- Apply gel to your edges and around the perimeter of your hair. Then brush your hair towards the middle of your head and secure it with a hair band.
- Next, take your already prepared synthetic hair and wrap the sling on your own hair until it is tight enough. DO NOT MAKE IT TOO TIGHT. We have to remember its a protective style and not a destructive one ha ha.
- Flip the synthetic hair over your own hair so its not visible
- Then from underneath, take a thin section of the synthetic hair and wrap it around the point where your hair is connected to the fake hair.
- When you’re done wrapping it round the hair, use a bobby pin and slip it between the synthetic hair and your own hair to make it secure. You can use another one for extra security.
You’re all set to go!
- For natural hair;
- Spritz your hair slightly with water (don’t get it too wet).
- After applying gel to the edges and perimeters of your hair, brush your hair with a boar bristle brush to help slick down the hair and secure it tight in the middle of your head. Then get a satin or silk scarf and tie it round your hair to help set the gel and keep it in place.
- Next, use all the steps from the straight hair starting from number 3.
- After step 6 from the straight hair steps, untie the scarf and Rock your style.
Below is a detailed example of the aforementioned steps.
I tied a little bow around it at the end just to make it look cuter
Thanks for reading!
Don’t forget to like, comment and Subscribe.
Have a lovely day.