Hello everyone 👋, hope you’re all doing well!
I’m so excited to be sharing this post with you and I do hope you enjoy it and try it out too 😃.
To achieve this defined, bouncy and voluminous perm rod set in used the following;
- A wide toothed comb
- A spray bottle filled with water in case my hair was getting dry as I did the style
Cantu Shea butter moisturizing curl activator cream (This Is Really Good For Defining Your Curl And Leaves Your Hair Feeling Moisturised)
BB Foam Moisturizing Wrapping Lotion (This adds volume and bounce to your hair)
Avlon KeraCare Protein Styling Gel
Brittny Professional cold wave rods
- Hair clips to section off the hair you’re not working with at the moment.
- Perm rods: I’m using the blue ones as I wanted really tiny tight curls. They come in different sizes, so you can choose the one that’ll suit your needs
- Afro or pik comb
As you may all know by now, I like to work on freshly washed damp hair. I just feel my styles come out best when worked on while wet.
- Section your hair into 4 parts (this method really makes it easy for me and helps with the flow)
- Take one of those sections and divide it into 2 (this method stretches out my curls more, you’ll see what I mean in the video)
- Now part the hair and apply small amounts of each product onto the section you’re working with. Rub it in and comb through.
- Begin twisting till you reach the point where you cant pick more hair.
- From here, hold the point where your twist ends and comb the rest to make it smooth before rolling.
- Then start from the bottom, smoothing the hair onto the rod as you roll.
- Then twist the hair around the rod like so
- Roll and secure
To dry I like to either let it air dry (if I do this style in the morning) or sit under my hooded dryer (it doesn’t use direct heat, so it won’t give you heat damage and that’s why I love it).
I sit under this dryer for 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs while I either play a game on my iPad or read a book.
I spend this long because I want it to be absolutely dry , because if it’s still damp when you take down the rods and unravel the twists , the style just won’t hold 😣. Worst thing ever.
Before bed, I wrap a satin scarf around my hair and find a positive to sleep in (because it is so not comfortable sleeping with these rods on 😭).
On the other hand if your hair is dry before Bedtime you could take the rods out.
The take down
So at this point your neck hurts from sleeping in some awkward position 😂😭. But it’s all over because we can take the rods out.
- Unlatch the hook and remove the rods in the opposite direction of how you installed it like so
- Now I use this spray (Profectiv Mega Growth pro growth Sheen) to add shine before I unravel the hair
- Now as you take down a twisted section, always twirl the hair around your finger to maintain the curls (refer to video if this is not clear)
- After its all done, take a pik or Afro comb and fluff the roots of your hair for more volume.
- And viola 😃 👌 it’s all done and you’ve got a gorgeous style that’ll last for 2 to 3 days.
Sleeping with the fresh style
I sleep on a silk pillow case as this doesn’t ruffle up my hair like a cotton one would. To be honest, I haven’t slept on a cotton pillow case since I went natural.
I don’t tie it up in a scarf because I don’t like how it looks in the morning when I tie a scarf to bed with this style. But If I just sleep on my silk (or satin) pillow case, my hair will just need fluffing out in the morning and I’ll still have the curls.
I do hope you enjoyed this
links to the products used;
Don’t forget to like, comment and Subscribe
Do have a great day and I will see you next time. 👋