You can definitely grow long relaxed hair, but because its been chemically processed, it needs a lot of care. Also, you don’t need to trim your ends every month. Only trim when its necessary. I trim my hair once a year and it works for me. Find out what works for you.
Hello beautiful people 👋
So i decided to do a post on how to take care of your relaxed hair. Yes i know i don’t have relaxed hair right now, but i did once and it was thick and healthy. I’ll talk about my hair journey in another post.
To maintain your hair i recommend stretching your relaxer to maybe every 2 to 3 months, and when you do relax your hair, just focus on the new growth to avoid further damage to the already processed hair.
Today i’ll be using my gorgeous friend Jennifer as she has relaxed hair.
- Spray your hair with water and apply some conditioner to your hair to help detangle your hair easily.
- Then comb with a wide toothed comb from the ends of your hair working your way up.
- Rinse the conditioner out of your hair and go in with shampoo, follow with conditioner and comb again, gently.
- You can skip to the drying process from here or for that extra moisture you can follow up with steaming your hair.
- Apply your protein treatment or deep conditioner next
- Then sit under your steamer for 15 minutes (DO NOT use a shower cap while steaming because it is pointless).
- After steaming, let the hair cool down a bit
- Rinse out product.
- 2 options, you can either let it air dry (recommended for a fluffy blow dryed effect), or you can blow dry it (be sure to use a heat protectant to avoid heat damage).
- Apply your hair cream/lotion.
- Style your hair how you please.
Hope you enjoyed this
Don’t hesitate to like comment, and subscribe.
Have a lovely day and see you next time 💚.