Hello friends 😃. I hope you are all doing well.
I think it’s safe to say I have out done myself this time by attempting this famous and beautiful braiding style.
Ok let’s get right to it shall we,
A day before the braiding was done I did the following;
- I washed my hair, moisturized with my shea butter and wild growth hair oil, and put it in large braids to air dry and stretch out.
- After my hair was fully dry, I unraveled the braids and using the tension method, I stretched out my hair with a blow dryer.
- I also gave my hair a well deserved trim as I was beginning to spot some split ends 😰. Omg and after I trimmed it, it was way easier to comb.
- I had 2 packs of impression braiding hair but ended up using just one pack.
- 230 wooden beads which came in various shapes and sizes and a beading tool.
- Gold hair cuffs and elastic hair band
- Wide tooth comb for detangling and Rat tail comb for parting
Now this is the fun part.
- I sectioned my hair in three parts, and making my side part on the left side of my head allowing the style to fall on the right side of my face.
- I started off with the bottom right section by rubbing some shea butter onto my palms and then I began to braid my hair, and as I went further I began to add a little bit of the extension using the feed-in method (watch video below). Now what the feed in method is, is that you take some braiding hair and insert it into your already braided hair, bit by bit, so as to achieve a more natural and blended look.
- Then I went ahead to braid the left side of my hair. This was the hardest bit to do at first, but once I got the hang of it, it became easier to do. I simply went by feeling the part and just braiding as I could not see the back of my head.
- After this, I went ahead to finish off the style by doing the top section. I wanted it to curve from the inside and that is what defines my style.
- After about 7 and a half to 8 hours, I was finally done with the whole braiding process and trimming off the hairs that were sticking out, I proceeded to boil some water and dip the ends of the hair in the hot water to help seal the ends.
- I allowed the hair to dry for a bit and then proceeded to put the beads onto the ends of the braids.
That’s it, style complete. I have 31 braids in total. I must say that I am in love 😍 with this style and I am definitely looking forward to trying out more braided hairstyles.
A lot of people didn’t and couldn’t believe that I did this style myself, well all I have to say is you can do whatever you set your mind to and yes this was the first time I’ve tried feed-in braids, but the way I learn things is by practicing on myself or by simply just watching a YouTube tutorial.
I hope you enjoyed this.
Don’t forget to leave a comment, like, share etc.
Do have a lovely day and I will see you next time, 👋.