Hello friends, so sorry I’ve been away for a while now but yaayy i’m back.
PS. because of how long this post will be, i have divided it into two parts. So please do click HERE (after you’re done with this post ;))to go to the second part which is the Ulta haul. Thank you.
So i recently went to Maryland in the united states of america for my cousins wedding/holiday and i had a swell time shopping and sightseeing and spending time with my relatives.
Now as most of you know, i live in both Nigeria and England, and unfortunately there are no Ulta and Sephora stores in these places, which means that some of the products are not available in these countries but are available in America. This is why i decided to pay a visit to these two makeup/beauty stores. I also learnt very quickly which store had more affordable products vs more expensive products.
My trip to Sephora.
On social media, i have heard a lot of people bash Sephora employees for their lack of customer service and their attitude, but this was not what i experienced. In fact, people were quick to help me make decisions and took their time out to help me.
Now onto the products i bought;
- Laura mercier deluxe mini translucent loose setting powder ($23): I got the mini version because it was my first time trying it and it just seemed reasonable that i start off with a smaller size. It also came with a mini velour puff. Now i tried this product for the first time on my cousins wedding and i and not kidding when i say all the pictures that were taken came out great. There were no flash backs and it held my makeup in place. So yea i’m glad i got this.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance eye-shadow palette ($42): After seeing how beautiful this palette was on Instagram and YouTube videos, I just had to try it. Safe to say it was a win. Lovely shades and they are pigmented. One word ‘LOVE’.
- Glam Glow supermud clearing treatment (mini version) ($22): people when I tell you that this product definitely lives up to its expectation I’m being very honest. It cleaned out my pores from just the first use. I have used it on 2 more occasions and will continue to use it when I feel my face needs a deep cleanse.
- Glam Glow gravity firming treatment (mini version) ($22): now well I am very indifferent about this product. I don’t like how it’s a peel off mask but can’t really peel off evenly. Like it peels of in patches. I ended up washing the residue with warm water and didn’t really see any difference on my face. I’ll probably have to reluctantly try this again to see if it will by some miracle work. Will rate this a 6/10.
- Sephora pro airbrush perfector #51 ($34): I’ll probably use this for applying my highlighter or for contouring. The bristles are nice and soft though.
- NARS Radiant creamy concealer ($30): I got this in the shade medium/dark 2 caramel.
- Benefit KA Brow cream-gel brow colour ($24): I love this product as it comes with an angled brush for precise application. I got the brown shade or #5.
- Too Faced love light prismatic highlighter ($30): this product is so gorgeous 😍, from the packaging to the texture of the highlighter. It is buidable and will give you that perfect glow. I got mine in the shade 💛 you light up my life 💛.
Hope you enjoyed this post. Click My Ulta and Sephora haul contd. to check out the continuation.
Have a lovely day and I will see you next time 👋🏼