Hello friends, i hope you’re having a great week!
I’ve had so many people tell me that the reason why they haven’t returned to their natural hair is because the products are too expensive. But today i will share with you some affordable under £10 / $10 / NGN 5000 products that i and my mother use on our natural hair.
To get the most out of a product, always follow the instructions written on it.
Before you head out to buy hair products, always do your research.
If you need products to get rid of that build up off your hair and scalp, then is for you. A little goes a long way with these, and they lather quickly.
- Garnier ultimate blends shampoo; the nourishing repairer: this is perfect for my hair during the very hot weather.
- Amla legend rejuvenating ritual moisture remedy shampoo.
- ORS olive oil creamy aloe shampoo.
These are great conditioners that provide slip and smell great.
- ORS olive oil replenishing conditioner: if you need a product to help you comb your type 4 hair with a fine tooth comb then this is it.
- Amla legend rejuvenating ritual body filler hair cream conditioner.
- Garnier ultimate blends conditioner; the nourishing repairer: this goes perfectly with its shampoo.
- Cantu Shea butter moisturising rinse out conditioner.
- Profectiv mega growth detangling conditioner: i used this when i was transitioning and it really helped. Plus its shampoo is very tingly on the scalp.
These are the only deep conditioners i use and love and will forever stick to because they work. They smell okay. They leave my hair soft and strong. I deep condition my hair every wash day now.
- Organics by Africa’s best hair mayonnaise
- ORS the original hair mayonnaise
These products are rich, creamy and smell great. This is how i use either of them; leave in conditioner on my damp hair, a moisturiser, and a sealant. They make my twists and braids look juicy.
- ORS hair repair intense moisture creme.
- Shea butter miracle moisture intense silky hair moisturiser.
- ORS olive oil creme hair dress; extra rich for dry thirsty hair.
Yes i use these products ha ha. I decided to go back to these products because these were the things my mother used on my hair and scalp when i was a child. Since i went back to it, i have noticed that my hair retains more moisture and breaks less, plus it defines my curls. I love them. I’ll write a more detailed post about them.
- Blue magic conditioner hair dress (the original).
- Dax pomade.
These products provide great hold and will define your styles and keep them for 2 to 3 days.
- Cantu Shea butter for natural hair coconut oil shine and hold mist.
- ORS olive oil 12 in 1 style defining creme gel: it has a strong smell but works so well.
- Cantu Shea butter for natural extreme hold styling stay glue: its quite sticky but does not flake. It does feel a bit crunchy when dry but defines my curls.
These products provide good hold, but if you’re looking for that 24 hour hold then this isn’t it. I cycle a lot and when it sweat, it lifts some of my hair up but my edges still look nice. I’m really not bothered about not having sleek looking edges anyway. They wont flake unless you use a lot (esp the Eco styler).
- Murray’s edge wax extreme hold.
- ORS monoi oil anti breakage edge control hair gel.
- Eco styler sport.
Accessories & Tools.
- Get hair bands/ties that are snag proof and don’t have any metal class on them.
- If you are like me and you love simplifying things, then get hair clips. They are great for sectioning your hair.
- Soft boar bristle brush: if you’re not too bothered about have super sleek styles/edges, then get one of these. It still gets the job done to me.
- We all need a wide tooth comb to detangle our hair with. I always finger detangle first.
For growth & preventing dry scalp.
Virgin hair fertilizer. Does it work? YES it works for me. It has made my edges thicker. It is very tingly on the scalp and before i use it, i slightly spritz my scalp with water. If you decide to get one, get the one with the red cap and not the yellow cap (this is said to be the fake one), it should also have an expiry date.
I hope your journey becomes fun, if it isn’t already.
Have a good one and i will see you next time.