Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well!
Sorry I’ve been away for so long but my post graduate degree has taken up a lot of my time.
Ok so lets get to it.
For the past month i introduced some new products into my hair care regimen and paired it with some of my old ones. The result has been amazing as my hair stays super soft, moisturised and i’ve noticed less breakage.
These products are:
- Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen, grow and restore leave-in conditioner [£10.99]. This product contains all the good stuff like; Shea butter, peppermint, keratin, JBCO, glycerin, jojoba oil, H2O and many more.
- Ultimate organic therapy tea tree stimulating growth oil [£2.99]. If you have an itchy scalp i would highly recommend this oil as it has helped with my scalp and leaves it feeling moisturised.
- Ultimate organic therapy extra virgin olive oil stimulating growth oil [£2.99]. This product is a gem. It makes my hair SO soft i am not even joking. It is perfect for a hot oil treatment and it made my detangling process very easy.
- Ultimate organic therapy Jamaican black castor stimulating growth oil [£2.99]. I’m in love with this line and I think it might be making my hair thicker 🤔 or maybe it’s my change in diet. Hmmm
- Shea Moisture coconut & hibiscus curl & shine style milk [£9.99]. This product works wonderfully with my 4b/4c hair type. This has coconut oil, silk protein, neem oil, H2O, glycerin, Shea butter, carrot oil, etc. Even after 4 days majority of my curls are still defined and clumped together. This product is very thick so use lightly.
Now the secret is to use these products on wet/damp hair for best results and lasting moisture retention.
With these products, i have found that the LCO [leave-in conditioner, cream & oil) method works best for me. To finish off, I apply a little mixture of the tea tree & castor oil to my scalp.
A detailed description of how i use these products will be in my Updated wash day routine so click here to check it out.
Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and if they work for you too.
Have a great day & see you next time.
Hello friends, how are you all doing?
I want to share with you all, products that have kicked my old hair products to the curb and these new ones are helping my hair thrive way better. So I intend on sticking to them.
These products cater to kinky hair and that is my hair type so they are just perfect.
- Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil strengthen, grow and restore shampoo: nice strong smell and a little goes a long way. It definitely leaves my hair feeling very clean and strong. I do not follow up with a conditioner because I use a leave in conditioner.
- Pantene truly natural Co-Wash cleansing conditioner: this has a really strong scent but it does leave my hair feeling moisturised and soft. I won’t recommend it for removing build up on your hair and scalp, but it cleans it lightly without stripping any oils.
- Alikay Naturals Lemongrass leave in conditioner: if you are transitioning or are already natural, and you need a leave in, look no further. This product smells so divine and makes my hair feel super soft, moisturised and manageable. It contains silk amino protein, aloe vera & lemongrass oil.
- Alikay Naturals Shea yogurt hair moisturiser: it melts into an oil when rubbed in between your palms and it keeps the hair nice and healthy whilst reducing breakage and split ends.
- Alikay Naturals Avocado cream moisture repairing mask: this product made my hair smell so good and fresh. I love it.
- ORS 12 – n – 1 style defining cream: I have talked about this product a lot on Snapchat because it definitely defines your hairstyles. It has avocado oil to help with conditioning and ma king it easy to work with your hair as you style it.
- Alikay Naturals Essential 17 hair growth oil: this contains the necessary oils to help promote healthy, strong, thick hair. It has emu oil, rosemary, olive, jojoba, sweet almond, tea tree, horsetail powder, peppermint, etc. You can really feel it tingle after using it to massage your scalp.
- Murray’s EdgeWax extreme hold: this in my opinion works way better that any of the ors or creme of nature edge controls. It does not flake. When I apply it on my edges, I use a soft boar bristle brush to comb it down and I tie down my edges with a scarf. This method helps set the edge control and makes it last.
Well it’s safe to say that Alikay Naturals is my new favourite natural hair care brand and I can’t wait to get more of their products.
Let me know if you’ve tried any of the products listed 😃 or the brand.
Do have a lovely day 💕.